Monday, January 11, 2010

Netscape as an alternative to Firefox

Recently I wanted to switch from Firefox to some other browser which looked more cute and simple. I like Opera, but, when it comes to remembering username and password, plus the the tabs are not strong enough. which hurt continues browsing.

I wanted to switch and I found the Netscape 9.0, which was like left behind and kind of lost in the development cycle. Now, AOL is no more developing it. Asking the site visitors to move to Firefox and flock, both of which are a bit heavy for my kind of usage.

I installed Netscape found in the web, in to Windows 7. Thankfully, Windows 7 did not complain. The browser is light and the tabs are thin and cute. It support restore, if the browser gets closed un knowingly. Has password manager and looks beautiful.
 

I have migrated to Netscape 9.0 in my Windows 7 machine and avoided installing Firefox. May be they will make it beautiful and then I will think about installation.

I would miss two addon’s: download helper and ad block plus. Right now, I do not require both. As I can download the songs form YouTube using alternate methods.

Thanks Netscape.

No comments:

Post a Comment